We're excited to have you join the award-winning Panther Band!
1. Select band as your #1 choice on your elective sheet. Students in Honors ELA can have two electives. If that's you, choose band as one of your top 2 choices!
2. Attend our instrument selection day on Saturday - March 4th, 2023! Students interested in percussion should also plan to attend our percussion tryouts on Tuesday, March 7th, 2023. We'll have a parent meeting on Wednesday, March 1st, 2023 that will explain sign up times and what to expect.
Here is some general information about the band program that might help answer some of your questions:
– No prior musical experience is necessary.
– There are no outside of school commitments in 6th grade.
– Students can be in band AND athletics
– There are 2-3 concerts a year
– Classes meet daily and are grouped by like instruments.
– Don't let cost be an issue. Reach out to us and we'll come up with some ways to help!
Intermediate band is a great way to not only learn how to play an instrument, but to also make great friends and be a part of a winning organization. Everyone in our band program starts off in one of our beginner band classes where they learn the very basics of both their particular instrument as well as understanding how to read and comprehend music. It is more than okay if you have never played an instrument or read music before joining the band!
As your child progresses through our program to a 7th and 8th grade performing band, they will also get to perform in many concerts, compete in full band contests as well as individual competitions, and go on fun and exciting trips. Overall, band is a great learning experience and better yet, it is a lot of fun!
Your child will be part of a successful band program where they'll learn music, make friends, and achieve at a high level!